HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION RENTAL CONTRACT
1. DEFINITIONS: The Agent means La Manga Dreams Vacation Rentals , which is acting for each individual Property Owner, ('the Owner'), and which is empowered to enter into a contract on behalf of the Owner with the Client, who is the person in whose name the booking is made, and, in addition, all those entered on the Booking Form and on whose behalf the booking is made. The Client's contract is with the Property Owner.
2. BOOKING: Once a provisional booking of accommodation has been made, the signed Booking Form and the Conditions of Hire , together with the appropriate deposits, should be received by the Agent, within 5 days following the date of the booking being made. Only after written confirmation has been posted by the Agent on the Owner's behalf will the booking of accommodation become valid.
3. TERMS OF PAYMENT: The Booking Form must be accompanied by a non-refundable deposit, and the balance of payment must be received not less than eight weeks before the date of arrival. The owner reserves the right to regard the booking as cancelled if the balance of the price remains unpaid after the due date, and shall be entitled to retain any deposit paid. For bookings made less than eight weeks prior to arrival date, immediate payment of the total holiday cost is required. Remittances made by Eurocheque, or by sterling draft or cheque on a foreign bank will incur a charge of £25.00 to cover collection charges. A Security Deposit of £100.00 per property is required with the balance of the rental costs to cover of any damages or breakages. The Security Deposit will be returned to you within 2 weeks of your return less any costs.
4. PRICES: The accommodation prices are based on the rate of exchange Prices may be increased should accommodation costs increase due to changes in the exchange rate, but no additional payments will be requested following settlement of the Final Invoice. Should surcharges imposed after the date of confirmation of the booking exceed 10% of the total accommodation cost the Client has the right to cancel the booking and we will refund in full any monies paid.
4 a. Cleaning. On your first day you must pay a fee for final cleaning to the key holders, The property will be cleaned prior to your arrival and after your departure, however if your stay is for 2 weeks, we provide a mid-stay clean at your request at local costs. Although the property will be cleaned after your departure, it must be left in an orderly state and all kitchen utensils must be washed. Should the property require extensive cleaning then the owner reserves the right to withhold any monies from the security deposit to pay for the extra cleaning.
4 b. The lead guest is hereby made aware that on some estates in La Manga there may be other homes/apartments under construction as there is on much of the Spanish Costa's. Although you are on holiday, your chosen destination is not: normal life continues and this may include the noise and inconvenience of traffic (above and underground) building or roadwork's. Where we are aware of any such work, which could seriously affect the enjoyment of a holiday, we will notify this as soon as possible. The Owner/Management Company will not accept liability for any complaints arising from construction.
5. CANCELLATION BY THE CLIENT: Any cancellation must be made in writing by the person who signed the Booking Form. Cancellation of accommodation will apply from the date of receipt by the Agent of the written cancellation advice. The following charges will apply:
If cancellation is 8 weeks or more before departure - forfeit of deposit.
If cancellation is within 8 weeks of departure or if the booking is cancelled by us due to non- payment - 100% of total cost
6. CANCELLATION BY THE OWNER: In the very unlikely event that specific accommodation ceases to be available as booked and the Agent is unable to offer the Client acceptable alternative accommodation on behalf of the Owner or another Owner, the Owner will refund the Client all the money paid (including the deposit), and shall be under no other liability.
7. ALTERATIONS BY THE CLIENT: If the Client wishes to change the composition of his or her party, or to alter any arrangements pertaining to accommodation, transfers or any other arrangements undertaken on their behalf by the Agent following the dispatch of the Final Invoice, a fee of £25.00 per alteration will be charged to cover costs incurred. And any differential in costs between the accommodation that was actually booked by the client
8. INFORMATION: While we make every effort to ensure that descriptions supplied are accurately reproduced, we cannot accept responsibility for errors contained therein or the results thereof. Minor differences between photographs and text and actual property may arise. If we
have been informed of material changes after your booking has been confirmed we will advise
you before departure.
9. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES: Only those persons named on the booking form may use the property without prior agreement. In the event that the maximum number allowed at the property is exceeded without prior agreement, the Owner reserves the right to refuse or revoke the booking at their sole discretion. The Client must keep the holiday accommodation in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday. The accommodation must be left in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. Should any of the equipment or furnishings in the accommodation being occupied by the Client be lost or damaged the Client will be required to make immediate cash settlement with the Owner/Agent, or (if so requested by the Owner) with the Agent on the Owner's behalf, for any necessary replacement or repair either before or after his or her departure from the accommodation.
9 a. SMOKING: All our properties operate a strict none smoking policy , however smoking is generally permitted on balconies, patios and terraces.
10. AIR TRANSPORT: Please note that we do not sell or make available for sale or process the sale of air transport arrangements in connection with the accommodation described. We will, if required, refer our customers to a company with whom they can book such arrangements.
11. PERSONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE: It is essential, and a condition of booking that the Client and all members of his or her party have personal travel insurance The Agent cannot accept any responsibility in the event that the Client has failed to arrange travel insurance.
12. COMPLAINTS: It should be noted that the Agent is acting only to arrange the booking on behalf of the Owner, and does not accept responsibility for the accommodation. If the Client has a complaint regarding the holiday accommodation he or she must first contact the Owner or local representative who will try to solve the problem. If, after that, the Client feels that the problem has not been resolved, the Client should within 7 days of returning from the holiday, put his or her comments in writing to the Agent, who will forward them to the Owner. The Agent will do its best to help resolve any justifiable complaints regarding the accommodation by the Client. However, it is the Client's responsibility to take the complaint up with the Owner if the Agent is unable to resolve the matter. Disputes arising out of, or in connection with the accommodation, which cannot be amicably settled, must be taken up with the Owner. If the Client vacates the property before the end of the rental period without the Agent's authorization, the Client shall lose any rights to compensation.
13. DAMAGE: Neither the Agent nor the Owner shall be responsible for the death or personal injury of the Client or any person named on the Booking Form or other person at the property unless this results from the proven negligence of the Owner, Agent or employees. The Agent and Owner shall not be liable for any loss, breach or delay due to any cause beyond their reasonable control including though not limited to an act of God, explosion, flood, tempest, fire or accident, war or threat of war, civil disturbance, acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental or local authority, strikes, lock-outs, or other industrial actions or disputes or adverse weather conditions. In any such case we shall be entitled to treat the contract as discharged. In the event of such discharge the liability of Agent and Owner shall be limited to the return of sums paid to them in respect of the unused portion of the holiday calculated on a pro rata daily basis less an administrative charge of £50 to cover reasonable expenses. Neither the Agent nor the Owner can be held responsible for the breakdown of mechanical equipment such as pumps, boilers, swimming pool filtration systems etc nor for failure of public utilities such as water, gas and electricity. Neither the Agent nor the Owner are responsible for noise or disturbance originating beyond the boundaries of the holiday accommodation or which is beyond their control.
14. HEALTH ISSUES: It is essential, and a condition of booking that the Client and all members of his or her party possess form E111 covering medical treatment in foreign countries. This form can be obtained at any Post Office.
15. YOUR HOLIDAY CONTACT: In the event that you experience any problems during your holiday please contact agent, should the agent not be able to resolve any propblem , then you must contact the owner of the property who's details would be supplied at such times as required.
16. Whilst the owners have made every effort to ensure the details contained on the website and on any other marketing material are accurate, the villas and or apartments may be altered, or facilities offered changed.
Please note the property cannot normally be occupied before 16.00 hours on the day of your arrival and you are asked to vacate the property before 11.00 hours on the day of departure. This is to allow time for the maids to clean for incoming clients. It may be possible to
change these times to suit your travel arrangements ,but you will have to agree this
with the local agent at the time,
Signed and dated by the person renting the apartment/villa and agree that our booking is made subject to these conditions.
Print Name ____________________________________________
We hope these conditions do not sound intimidating, they are designed
to give you and all other tenants following you the most pleasant holiday possible.