Owners Area
Holiday Services
Holiday Home Insurance

Intasure - insurance that speaks your language

When choosing insurance for your holiday home, make sure that your policy covers commercial holiday lettings and not just family use.

As the owner of a holiday home overseas or in the UK, it is vital that you fully understand the extent and limitations of your insurance policy. Do you have the cover for legal liability for domestic employees? What restrictions are in place in letting or if the property is unoccupied etc? If your holiday home house insurance policy has been placed through an insurance company abroad it is more likely that you simply do not know.

The answer to this problem is a specialist in second home and overseas property insurance. A plain English property insurance policy underwritten by some of the world's leading insurers and administered in the UK via helpful and knowledgeable staff. Don't risk turning your dream holiday home into a nightmare.

As well as building and contents insurance you will need public liability insurance; giving you protection in the event of any legal issues associated with la manga dreams.

The following information should point you in the right direction when choosing your insurance policy:

1 Building and contents insurance

  • This is the same sort of cover you have for your primary residence and will protect the building and your belongings in the event of damage.

  • The building insurance should cover the cost of rebuilding your property and the contents insurance will cover you for your belongings.

  • Check for any specific security measures required - you don't want your policy to be rendered invalid.

  • Look for a policy that covers theft by non-forcible entry to cover you if any windows are left open.

  • Check that any outdoor furniture is covered as well as indoor furnishings.

  • Some insurers may include conditions in the winter; the heating may have to be left on or the system drained of water (if no-one is occupying the property)

  • Policies should cover accidental damage by guests and not just by the owner.

  • Check how long you can leave your property unoccupied without invalidating your cover.

2 Public liability insurance

  • This will cover you against any claims a guest makes against you if they injure themselves while staying in your property.

  • An indemnity of 3m is recommended. This will cover you for claims up to this value.

  • Make sure that your public liability insurance extends to cover your swimming pool and any accidents involving the pool.

  • Look for an insurance company that offers policies tailored to holiday lettings. Be sure to do your research and always read any terms and conditions.

  • Some insurance companies may offer cover for loss of earnings in the event of fire and flood damage. Be sure you check the small print as they may only cover you for bookings already taken and not take into account any bookings you will have to turn down after the incident.

  • Remember to let your guests know that it is their responsibility to organise their own travel insurance to cover medical treatment while away. Make this clear in any correspondence and in your booking contract.

  • If you are not going to let your holiday home out to guests, you still need choose your policy with care. Many standard home insurers will only permit up to a certain number of days of non-occupancy and after this period, usually 30-60 days, the cover may be rendered invalid.


Intasure is an insurance provider that specialises in providing comprehensive and flexible cover, against all eventualities, for holiday homes in the UK and overseas.

Intasure - insurance that speaks your language
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and with years of experience, every Intasure policy is underwritten by Lloyds of London and other international insurers and offers a host of benefits. One of the key advantages is the UK-based English speaking team that resolves any problems that may arise. In addition, all policy documentation is written in English - so you know exactly what you are getting. Wider cover for your protection

Intasure?s cost effective policies provide far wider cover than most standard European policies. They also cover your specific property, unlike Local Community Insurance which can be deceptive. Add 5 million worth of essential public liability cover, which is important for anyone who lets their property, and you have truly comprehensive cover at a very competitive price.

Cover Available For

UK residents and expatriates with holiday homes in: The UK, Austria, Brazil, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cape Verde, Croatia,Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Morocco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, (including Dubai) with more being added.

>>>>Visit Intasure to complete their quotation form

Alternatively, you can call Intasure on 0845 111 0680 (quoting 200405) for immediate cover

Up to 40% risk related discount is available on overseas and UK holiday home insurance.


CurrenciesDirect is a forex currency trading company providing the best & the most competitive foreign currency exchange rates for international money wire transfers & foreign currency payments.